- AXS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $26.3 million.
- AXS has traded 13,598 shares today.
- AXS is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in AXS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for AXS NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on AXS: AXIS Capital Holdings Limited provides specialty lines insurance and treaty reinsurance products worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.1%. AXS has a PE ratio of 7.0. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Axis Capital Holdings a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Axis Capital Holdings has been 595,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. Axis has a market cap of $5.1 billion and is part of the financial sector and insurance industry. The stock has a beta of 0.53 and a short float of 0.9% with 1.82 days to cover. Shares are up 5.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Axis Capital Holdings as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its compelling growth in net income, revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity and impressive record of earnings per share growth. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Insurance industry. The net income increased by 91.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $150.64 million to $289.12 million.
- AXS's revenue growth trails the industry average of 21.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 7.0%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Although AXS's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.26 is very low, it is currently higher than that of the industry average.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Insurance industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, AXIS CAPITAL HOLDINGS LTD has outperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500.
- AXIS CAPITAL HOLDINGS LTD reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. However, we anticipate underperformance relative to this pattern in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, AXIS CAPITAL HOLDINGS LTD increased its bottom line by earning $5.90 versus $3.97 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 10.5% in earnings ($5.28 versus $5.90).
- You can view the full Axis Capital Holdings Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.