- AVIV has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $13.6 million.
- AVIV is making at least a new 3-day high.
- AVIV has a PE ratio of 43.2.
- AVIV is mentioned 1.13 times per day on StockTwits.
- AVIV has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- AVIV is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- AVIV is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- AVIV is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- AVIV is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in AVIV with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for AVIV NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on AVIV: No company description available. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 4.2%. AVIV has a PE ratio of 43.2. Currently there are no analysts that rate Aviv REIT a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Aviv REIT has been 438,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. Aviv REIT has a market cap of $1.6 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. Shares are up 44.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Aviv REIT as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance and compelling growth in net income. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company's return on equity has been disappointing. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 13.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 44.1%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displaying stagnant earnings per share.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, AVIV's share price has jumped by 37.98%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- AVIV REIT INC reported flat earnings per share in the most recent quarter. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, AVIV REIT INC turned its bottom line around by earning $0.29 versus -$5.04 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.87 versus $0.29).
- The gross profit margin for AVIV REIT INC is rather high; currently it is at 58.78%. Regardless of AVIV's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 20.45% trails the industry average.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry and the overall market, AVIV REIT INC's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Aviv REIT Ratings Report.