- MCD has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $522.6 million.
- MCD traded 28,506 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:16 AM.
- MCD is down 2.7% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MCD with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MCD NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on MCD: McDonald's Corporation franchises and operates McDonald's restaurants in the United States, Europe, the Asia/Pacific, the Middle East, Africa, Canada, and Latin America. The company's restaurants offer various food items, soft drinks, coffee, and other beverages, as well as breakfast menus. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.6%. MCD has a PE ratio of 18.8. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate McDonald's a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 12 rate it a hold. The average volume for McDonald's has been 6.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. McDonald's has a market cap of $92.9 billion and is part of the services sector and leisure industry. The stock has a beta of 0.62 and a short float of 1.3% with 2.37 days to cover. Shares are down 1.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. In comparison to other companies in the Hotels, Restaurants & Leisure industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, MCDONALD'S CORP has underperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has greatly exceeded that of the S&P 500.
- 44.29% is the gross profit margin for MCDONALD'S CORP which we consider to be strong. Regardless of MCD's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, MCD's net profit margin of 15.29% compares favorably to the industry average.
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 9.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 4.6%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- Even though the current debt-to-equity ratio is 1.11, it is still below the industry average, suggesting that this level of debt is acceptable within the Hotels, Restaurants & Leisure industry. Regardless of the somewhat mixed results with the debt-to-equity ratio, the company's quick ratio of 1.07 is sturdy.
- MCDONALD'S CORP's earnings per share declined by 28.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, MCDONALD'S CORP increased its bottom line by earning $5.56 versus $5.36 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 10.7% in earnings ($4.96 versus $5.56).
- You can view the full McDonald's Ratings Report.