Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. TheStreet Ratings quantitative algorithm evaluates over 4,300 stocks on a daily basis by 32 different data factors and assigns a unique buy, sell, or hold recommendation on each stock. Click here to learn more.
"We rate WOLVERINE BANCORP INC (WBKC) a BUY. This is driven by some important positives, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results."
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 23.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 8.6%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- WOLVERINE BANCORP INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. During the past fiscal year, WOLVERINE BANCORP INC increased its bottom line by earning $0.69 versus $0.63 in the prior year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Thrifts & Mortgage Finance industry. The net income increased by 90.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $0.39 million to $0.75 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 3026.66% to $2.63 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, WOLVERINE BANCORP INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -13.14%.
- The gross profit margin for WOLVERINE BANCORP INC is currently very high, coming in at 72.46%. Regardless of WBKC's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, WBKC's net profit margin of 18.46% compares favorably to the industry average.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: WBKC Ratings Report