NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of TASER International Inc. (TASR) are climbing by 2.73% to $24.81 in late morning trading on Friday, as the maker of electronic control devices designed for law enforcement, military, and related markets, continues its gains following yesterday's order announcement.
On Thursday, TASER International announced "multiple large orders" of its AOXN body worn video cameras and EVIDENCE.com solution, which are expected to ship in the 2014 fourth quarter.
Earlier this week, TASER International stock soared after President Obama requested funding to equip law enforcement with body cameras and to aid in new training for police, in the wake of the unrest that followed a Ferguson MO grand jury decision not to indict a police office in the shooting of an unarmed teenager.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
The interest in police wearing body cameras and the unrest is likely to continue, as protestors are now angered over a New York City grand jury decision not to indict a NYPD officer, for the death of a Staten Island man.
"We continue to see strong interest in our AXON body cameras and believe President Obama's proposal for new funding for body cameras this week is a step in the right direction to helping improve relations between police officers and communities," TASER CEO Rick Smith said.
Smith added that he believes all of the "750,000 sworn officers in the U.S.," should be issued a body camera along with a badge and gun.
Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates TASER INTERNATIONAL INC as a Buy with a ratings score of B. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate TASER INTERNATIONAL INC (TASR) a BUY. This is driven by multiple strengths, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations and impressive record of earnings per share growth. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company is trading at a premium valuation based on our review of its current price compared to such things as earnings and book value."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 0.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 26.0%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- TASR's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.00 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 3.98, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- TASER INTERNATIONAL INC has improved earnings per share by 40.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, TASER INTERNATIONAL INC increased its bottom line by earning $0.34 versus $0.27 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.38 versus $0.34).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Aerospace & Defense industry. The net income increased by 47.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $5.11 million to $7.56 million.
- The gross profit margin for TASER INTERNATIONAL INC is rather high; currently it is at 67.23%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 17.03% is above that of the industry average.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: TASR Ratings Report