- USB has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $233.7 million.
- USB has traded 10,527 shares today.
- USB is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in USB with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for USB NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on USB: U.S. Bancorp, a financial services holding company, provides a range of financial services in the United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.2%. USB has a PE ratio of 14.5. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate U.S. Bancorp a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 15 rate it a hold. The average volume for U.S. Bancorp has been 6.7 million shares per day over the past 30 days. U.S has a market cap of $78.9 billion and is part of the financial sector and banking industry. The stock has a beta of 0.73 and a short float of 1.1% with 3.93 days to cover. Shares are up 9.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates U.S. Bancorp as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in stock price during the past year, revenue growth, expanding profit margins, growth in earnings per share and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The stock has risen over the past year as investors have generally rewarded the company for its earnings growth and other positive factors like the ones we have cited in this report. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 4.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 1.0%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for U S BANCORP is currently very high, coming in at 87.24%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 27.75% is above that of the industry average.
- U S BANCORP's earnings per share improvement from the most recent quarter was slightly positive. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, U S BANCORP increased its bottom line by earning $3.01 versus $2.84 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.07 versus $3.01).
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and greatly underperformed compared to the Commercial Banks industry average. The net income increased by 0.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $1,468.00 million to $1,471.00 million.
- You can view the full U.S. Bancorp Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.