- STRZA has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $37.0 million.
- STRZA has traded 225,451 shares today.
- STRZA is up 4.1% today.
- STRZA was down 16.3% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in STRZA with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for STRZA NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on STRZA: Starz operates as an integrated media and entertainment company. The company operates through Starz Networks, Starz Distribution, and Starz Animation segments. STRZA has a PE ratio of 14.4. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Starz a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for Starz has been 900,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. Starz has a market cap of $3.1 billion and is part of the services sector and media industry. The stock has a beta of 0.99 and a short float of 7.1% with 5.36 days to cover. Shares are up 13.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Starz as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth and notable return on equity. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including weak operating cash flow and generally higher debt management risk. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The stock has risen over the past year as investors have generally rewarded the company for its earnings growth and other positive factors like the ones we have cited in this report. Despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year, there is currently no conclusive evidence that warrants the purchase or sale of this stock.
- STARZ has improved earnings per share by 18.6% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, STARZ increased its bottom line by earning $2.04 versus $1.69 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.22 versus $2.04).
- STRZA, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 8.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 8.5%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 22.30 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company. Even though the debt-to-equity ratio is weak, STRZA's quick ratio is somewhat strong at 1.09, demonstrating the ability to handle short-term liquidity needs.
- Net operating cash flow has declined marginally to $47.20 million or 3.55% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- You can view the full Starz Ratings Report.