- SBUX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $381.3 million.
- SBUX has traded 162,681 shares today.
- SBUX is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SBUX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SBUX NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SBUX: Starbucks Corporation operates as a roaster, marketer, and retailer of specialty coffee worldwide. The company operates in four segments: Americas; Europe, Middle East, and Africa; China/Asia Pacific; and Channel Development. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.6%. SBUX has a PE ratio of 29.7. Currently there are 15 analysts that rate Starbucks a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Starbucks has been 4.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Starbucks has a market cap of $60.1 billion and is part of the services sector and leisure industry. The stock has a beta of 0.98 and a short float of 1.3% with 2.07 days to cover. Shares are up 2.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Starbucks as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 9.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 10.3%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- STARBUCKS CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, STARBUCKS CORP turned its bottom line around by earning $2.71 versus -$0.01 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.12 versus $2.71).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Hotels, Restaurants & Leisure industry. The net income increased by 147.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$1,232.00 million to $587.80 million.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.39, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Although the company had a strong debt-to-equity ratio, its quick ratio of 0.81 is somewhat weak and could be cause for future problems.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. In comparison to other companies in the Hotels, Restaurants & Leisure industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, STARBUCKS CORP has underperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has greatly exceeded that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Starbucks Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.