- PSEM has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $2.5 million.
- PSEM is making at least a new 3-day high.
- PSEM has a PE ratio of 47.2.
- PSEM is mentioned 0.90 times per day on StockTwits.
- PSEM has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- PSEM is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- PSEM is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- PSEM is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- PSEM is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in PSEM with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for PSEM NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on PSEM: Pericom Semiconductor Corporation designs, manufactures, and markets high-performance digital, analog, and mixed-signal integrated circuits (ICs); and frequency control products (FCPs) used in electronic systems worldwide. PSEM has a PE ratio of 47.2. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Pericom Semiconductor a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Pericom Semiconductor has been 117,400 shares per day over the past 30 days. Pericom Semiconductor has a market cap of $278.3 million and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. The stock has a beta of 1.07 and a short float of 2.5% with 2.14 days to cover. Shares are up 45.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Pericom Semiconductor as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and good cash flow from operations. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- PERICOM SEMICONDUCTOR CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, PERICOM SEMICONDUCTOR CORP turned its bottom line around by earning $0.18 versus -$0.95 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.54 versus $0.18).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry. The net income increased by 567.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $0.37 million to $2.50 million.
- PSEM's revenue growth trails the industry average of 18.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 2.0%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- PSEM has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 7.65, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 15057.44% to $7.12 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, PERICOM SEMICONDUCTOR CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 11.46%.
- You can view the full Pericom Semiconductor Ratings Report.