- MNK has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $173.7 million.
- MNK has traded 34,449 shares today.
- MNK is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MNK with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MNK NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on MNK: Mallinckrodt public limited company develops, manufactures, markets, and distributes branded and generic specialty pharmaceuticals, active pharmaceutical ingredients (API), and diagnostic imaging agents worldwide. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate Mallinckrodt a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Mallinckrodt has been 1.8 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Mallinckrodt has a market cap of $10.7 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. Shares are up 74.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Mallinckrodt as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income and feeble growth in its earnings per share.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Pharmaceuticals industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 1151.9% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $33.50 million to -$352.40 million.
- MALLINCKRODT PLC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past year. However, the consensus estimate suggests that this trend should reverse in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, MALLINCKRODT PLC swung to a loss, reporting -$3.57 versus $0.06 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($6.48 versus -$3.57).
- MNK's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.80 is somewhat low overall, but it is high when compared to the industry average, implying that the management of the debt levels should be evaluated further. Regardless of the somewhat mixed results with the debt-to-equity ratio, the company's quick ratio of 1.39 is sturdy.
- Compared to other companies in the Pharmaceuticals industry and the overall market, MALLINCKRODT PLC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for MALLINCKRODT PLC is rather high; currently it is at 67.52%. It has increased significantly from the same period last year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -44.64% is in-line with the industry average.
- You can view the full Mallinckrodt Ratings Report.