- LB has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $142.8 million.
- LB has traded 24,435 shares today.
- LB is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in LB with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for LB NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on LB: L Brands, Inc. operates as a specialty retailer of women's intimate and other apparel, beauty and personal care products, and accessories. The company operates in two segments, Victoria's Secret and Bath & Body Works. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.7%. LB has a PE ratio of 24.9. Currently there are 14 analysts that rate L Brands a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 10 rate it a hold. The average volume for L Brands has been 1.8 million shares per day over the past 30 days. L has a market cap of $23.7 billion and is part of the services sector and retail industry. The stock has a beta of 1.36 and a short float of 3.3% with 4.71 days to cover. Shares are up 32.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period. Although other factors naturally played a role, the company's strong earnings growth was key. Looking ahead, unless broad bear market conditions prevail, we still see more upside potential for this stock, despite the fact that it has already risen over the past year.
- L BRANDS INC has improved earnings per share by 41.9% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, L BRANDS INC increased its bottom line by earning $3.05 versus $2.54 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.32 versus $3.05).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Specialty Retail industry. The net income increased by 43.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $92.00 million to $132.00 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 9.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.8%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- 40.84% is the gross profit margin for L BRANDS INC which we consider to be strong. Regardless of LB's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 5.69% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full L Brands Ratings Report.