- CORE has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $10.4 million.
- CORE has traded 2,712 shares today.
- CORE is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CORE with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CORE NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CORE: Core-Mark Holding Company, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, markets fresh and broad-line supply solutions to the convenience retail industry in North America. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.9%. CORE has a PE ratio of 16.6. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Core-Mark a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Core-Mark has been 131,600 shares per day over the past 30 days. Core-Mark has a market cap of $1.4 billion and is part of the services sector and wholesale industry. The stock has a beta of -0.01 and a short float of 2.4% with 2.96 days to cover. Shares are up 61.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Core-Mark as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its growth in earnings per share, revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, increase in net income and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 12.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 5.5%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- CORE MARK HOLDING CO INC has improved earnings per share by 11.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, CORE MARK HOLDING CO INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.79 versus $1.46 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.20 versus $1.79).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500, but is less than that of the Distributors industry average. The net income increased by 11.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $12.30 million to $13.70 million.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 64.01% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- CORE's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.09 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Although the company had a strong debt-to-equity ratio, its quick ratio of 0.87 is somewhat weak and could be cause for future problems.
- You can view the full Core-Mark Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.