- COO has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $130.3 million.
- COO is down 4.3% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in COO with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for COO NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on COO: The Cooper Companies, Inc. operates as a medical device company worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0%. COO has a PE ratio of 27.6. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Cooper Companies a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Cooper Companies has been 545,400 shares per day over the past 30 days. Cooper Companies has a market cap of $8.0 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.19 and a short float of 7.6% with 3.78 days to cover. Shares are up 34.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Cooper Companies as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, reasonable valuation levels, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 29.47% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, COO should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 7.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 5.0%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- COO's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.13 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.46, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- The gross profit margin for COOPER COMPANIES INC is currently very high, coming in at 70.67%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 20.36% is above that of the industry average.
- You can view the full Cooper Companies Ratings Report.