- RPAI has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $18.1 million.
- RPAI is making at least a new 3-day high.
- RPAI has a PE ratio of 1605.0.
- RPAI is mentioned 0.97 times per day on StockTwits.
- RPAI has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- RPAI is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- RPAI is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- RPAI is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- RPAI is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in RPAI with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for RPAI NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on RPAI: Retail Properties of America, Inc. is a real estate investment trust. It engages in acquisition, development and management of properties. The trust invests in the real estate markets of United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 4.1%. RPAI has a PE ratio of 1605.0. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Retail Properties of America Inc Class A a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Retail Properties of America Inc Class A has been 1.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Retail Properties of America Inc Class A has a market cap of $3.8 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. The stock has a beta of 0.55 and a short float of 1.3% with 2.39 days to cover. Shares are up 27.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Retail Properties of America Inc Class A as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its compelling growth in net income, revenue growth and notable return on equity. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including weak operating cash flow and feeble growth in the company's earnings per share.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly outperformed against the S&P 500 and exceeded that of the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry average. The net income increased by 28.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$37.55 million to -$26.74 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 13.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 10.9%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- RETAIL PPTYS OF AMERICA INC's earnings per share declined by 33.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past year. However, the consensus estimate suggests that this trend should reverse in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, RETAIL PPTYS OF AMERICA INC reported poor results of -$0.20 versus -$0.03 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.12 versus -$0.20).
- Net operating cash flow has declined marginally to $70.27 million or 8.00% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- You can view the full Retail Properties of America Inc Class A Ratings Report.