- REG has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $34.0 million.
- REG is making at least a new 3-day high.
- REG has a PE ratio of 52.5.
- REG is mentioned 1.00 times per day on StockTwits.
- REG has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- REG is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- REG is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- REG is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- REG is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in REG with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for REG NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on REG: Regency Centers Corporation operates as a real estate investment trust. The company, through its subsidiaries, owns, operates, and develops community and neighborhood shopping centers that are tenanted by grocers, category-leading anchors, specialty retailers, and restaurants. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.1%. REG has a PE ratio of 52.5. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Regency Centers a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. The average volume for Regency Centers has been 503,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. Regency Centers has a market cap of $5.7 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. The stock has a beta of 0.95 and a short float of 9.4% with 8.60 days to cover. Shares are up 33.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Regency Centers as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, revenue growth and expanding profit margins. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 173.68% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 29.30% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Turning to the future, naturally, any stock can fall in a major bear market. However, in almost any other environment, the stock should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed nice gains in the past year.
- REGENCY CENTERS CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, REGENCY CENTERS CORP increased its bottom line by earning $0.69 versus $0.18 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.22 versus $0.69).
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly outperformed against the S&P 500 and exceeded that of the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry average. The net income increased by 32.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $40.26 million to $53.21 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 13.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 4.2%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- 38.40% is the gross profit margin for REGENCY CENTERS CORP which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 38.14% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- You can view the full Regency Centers Ratings Report.