- PKG has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $49.1 million.
- PKG has traded 17,058 shares today.
- PKG is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in PKG with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for PKG NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on PKG: Packaging Corporation of America manufactures and sells containerboard and corrugated packaging products in the United States, Mexico, Canada, and Europe. The company operates through three segments: Packaging, Paper, and Corporate and Other. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.2%. PKG has a PE ratio of 13.9. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Packaging Corp of America a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for Packaging Corp of America has been 1.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Packaging Corp of America has a market cap of $7.2 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer non-durables industry. The stock has a beta of 1.43 and a short float of 2.1% with 2.85 days to cover. Shares are up 18.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
- PKG's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 9.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 79.7%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The stock has risen over the past year as investors have generally rewarded the company for its earnings growth and other positive factors like the ones we have cited in this report. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- PACKAGING CORP OF AMERICA has improved earnings per share by 21.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, PACKAGING CORP OF AMERICA increased its bottom line by earning $4.52 versus $1.68 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.67 versus $4.52).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Containers & Packaging industry average. The net income increased by 23.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $84.68 million to $104.45 million.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. When compared to other companies in the Containers & Packaging industry and the overall market, PACKAGING CORP OF AMERICA's return on equity exceeds that of the industry average and significantly exceeds that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Packaging Corp of America Ratings Report.