- MPWR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $11.0 million.
- MPWR has traded 8,930 shares today.
- MPWR is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MPWR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MPWR NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on MPWR: Monolithic Power Systems, Inc., a fabless semiconductor company, designs, develops, and markets analog and mixed-signal semiconductors for storage and computing, consumer electronics, communications, and industrial/automotive markets. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.3%. MPWR has a PE ratio of 54.8. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Monolithic Power Systems a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Monolithic Power Systems has been 384,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. Monolithic Power Systems has a market cap of $1.8 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. The stock has a beta of 1.04 and a short float of 4.4% with 6.31 days to cover. Shares are up 38.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Monolithic Power Systems as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company is trading at a premium valuation based on our review of its current price compared to such things as earnings and book value. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- MPWR's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 18.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 19.9%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- MPWR has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 6.85, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- MONOLITHIC POWER SYSTEMS INC has improved earnings per share by 47.4% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, MONOLITHIC POWER SYSTEMS INC increased its bottom line by earning $0.59 versus $0.43 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.65 versus $0.59).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry. The net income increased by 51.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $7.41 million to $11.22 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 99.58% to $16.01 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, MONOLITHIC POWER SYSTEMS INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 11.46%.
- You can view the full Monolithic Power Systems Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.