- EFX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $41.3 million.
- EFX has traded 6,211 shares today.
- EFX is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in EFX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for EFX NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on EFX: Equifax Inc. provides information solutions and human resources business process outsourcing services for businesses, governments, and consumers. The company's U.S. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.3%. EFX has a PE ratio of 28.6. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Equifax a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Equifax has been 540,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. Equifax has a market cap of $9.6 billion and is part of the financial sector and financial services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.67 and a short float of 1.2% with 2.80 days to cover. Shares are up 15.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Equifax as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income and notable return on equity. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- EFX's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 5.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 7.2%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The stock has risen over the past year as investors have generally rewarded the company for its earnings growth and other positive factors like the ones we have cited in this report. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- EQUIFAX INC has improved earnings per share by 11.9% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, EQUIFAX INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.69 versus $2.17 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.88 versus $2.69).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Professional Services industry average. The net income increased by 11.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $83.50 million to $92.70 million.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Professional Services industry and the overall market, EQUIFAX INC's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Equifax Ratings Report.