- AON has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $106.5 million.
- AON has traded 68,284 shares today.
- AON is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in AON with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for AON NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on AON: Aon plc provides risk management services, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resource consulting and outsourcing services worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.1%. AON has a PE ratio of 21.8. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Aon a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 11 rate it a hold. The average volume for Aon has been 1.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Aon has a market cap of $26.4 billion and is part of the financial sector and insurance industry. The stock has a beta of 0.92 and a short float of 1% with 2.58 days to cover. Shares are up 10.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Aon as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, revenue growth, notable return on equity, compelling growth in net income and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company is trading at a premium valuation based on our review of its current price compared to such things as earnings and book value. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- AON PLC has improved earnings per share by 26.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, AON PLC increased its bottom line by earning $3.54 versus $2.99 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.67 versus $3.54).
- AON's revenue growth trails the industry average of 22.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 3.1%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Insurance industry and the overall market, AON PLC's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500, but is less than that of the Insurance industry average. The net income increased by 20.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $256.00 million to $309.00 million.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, reflecting both the market's overall trend during that period and the fact that the company's earnings growth has been robust. Looking ahead, the stock's rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that the other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- You can view the full Aon Ratings Report.