NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Kodiak Oil & Gas Corp. (KOG are gaining 3.92% to $7.16 on heavy volume in midday trading Wednesday, as energy stocks are getting a boost in anticipation of Friday's jobs report on nonfarm payrolls and a policy decision from the European Central Bank tomorrow, Bloomberg reports.
Investors await a decision by the ECB that may lead to full-scale quantitative easing, as the group is set to release its monetary policy decisions on Thursday. Printing money to boost bonds would in theory boost inflation and add to growth, Reuters added.
Also, the U.S. Labor Department is scheduled to release its monthly employment situation report, as economists are expecting nonfarm payroll to gain 235,000 in November after advancing 214,000 in October.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
Denver, CO-based Kodiak is an independent energy company focused on the exploration, exploitation, acquisition and production of crude oil and natural gas.
About 5.49 million shares of Kodiak Oil & Gas have traded hands as of 1:40 p.m. this afternoon, compared to its average trading volume of about 4.96 million shares a day.
Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates KODIAK OIL & GAS CORP as a Buy with a ratings score of B. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate KODIAK OIL & GAS CORP (KOG) a BUY. This is driven by some important positives, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, attractive valuation levels and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- KOG's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 6.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 56.7%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- KODIAK OIL & GAS CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, KODIAK OIL & GAS CORP increased its bottom line by earning $0.53 versus $0.49 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.61 versus $0.53).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income increased by 196.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $31.15 million to $92.19 million.
- The gross profit margin for KODIAK OIL & GAS CORP is currently very high, coming in at 78.90%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 24.56% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: KOG Ratings Report