- TRMB has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $39.7 million.
- TRMB has traded 510,074 shares today.
- TRMB traded in a range 232.6% of the normal price range with a price range of $1.19.
- TRMB traded above its daily resistance level (quality: 14 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 14 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Barbarian at the Gate' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying positive price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, 'resistance' while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is more than twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves higher. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TRMB with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TRMB NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on TRMB: Trimble Navigation Limited designs and distributes positioning products and applications enabled by global positioning system (GPS), optical, laser, and wireless communications technology. TRMB has a PE ratio of 33.9. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate Trimble Navigation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Trimble Navigation has been 1.7 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Trimble Navigation has a market cap of $7.3 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. The stock has a beta of 1.94 and a short float of 4% with 7.53 days to cover. Shares are down 20.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Trimble Navigation as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, expanding profit margins and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, unimpressive growth in net income and weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- TRMB's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 1.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 5.1%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for TRIMBLE NAVIGATION LTD is rather high; currently it is at 59.16%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 2.02% trails the industry average.
- TRMB's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.28 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Although the company had a strong debt-to-equity ratio, its quick ratio of 0.85 is somewhat weak and could be cause for future problems.
- Net operating cash flow has declined marginally to $95.88 million or 9.86% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- The share price of TRIMBLE NAVIGATION LTD has not done very well: it is down 12.89% and has underperformed the S&P 500, in part reflecting the company's sharply declining earnings per share when compared to the year-earlier quarter. Looking ahead, we do not see anything in this company's numbers that would change the one-year trend. It was down over the last twelve months; and it could be down again in the next twelve. Naturally, a bull or bear market could sway the movement of this stock.
- You can view the full Trimble Navigation Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.