- AMCN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $3.3 million.
- AMCN has traded 145,164 shares today.
- AMCN is trading at 2.87 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- AMCN is trading at a new low 3.18% below yesterday's close.
'Weak on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as material stock news, analyst downgrades, insider selling, selling from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and traders are piling out of a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize (or avoid losses by trimming weak positions). In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in AMCN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for AMCN NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on AMCN: AirMedia Group Inc. operates out-of-home advertising platforms primarily in the People's Republic of China. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates AirMedia Group a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for AirMedia Group has been 453,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. AirMedia Group has a market cap of $185.8 million and is part of the services sector and media industry. Shares are up 47.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates AirMedia Group as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and notable return on equity. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including unimpressive growth in net income, poor profit margins and feeble growth in the company's earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, AMCN's share price has jumped by 69.36%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- AMCN's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.01 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, AMCN has a quick ratio of 1.73, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- AMCN, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 8.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 3.0%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and greatly underperformed compared to the Media industry average. The net income has decreased by 10.0% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from -$4.95 million to -$5.44 million.
- The gross profit margin for AIRMEDIA GROUP INC -ADS is currently extremely low, coming in at 12.94%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -8.85% is significantly below that of the industry average.
- You can view the full AirMedia Group Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.