- HDS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $34.6 million.
- HDS is making at least a new 3-day high.
- HDS has a PE ratio of 70.9.
- HDS is mentioned 0.97 times per day on StockTwits.
- HDS has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- HDS is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- HDS is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- HDS is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- HDS is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in HDS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for HDS NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on HDS: HD Supply Holdings, Inc. operates as an industrial distribution company in North America. It operates in four segments: Facilities Maintenance, Waterworks, Power Solutions, and Construction & Industrial - White Cap. HDS has a PE ratio of 70.9. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate HD Supply Holdings a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for HD Supply Holdings has been 1.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. HD Supply has a market cap of $5.7 billion and is part of the services sector and wholesale industry. Shares are up 17.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates HD Supply Holdings as a sell. Among the areas we feel are negative, one of the most important has been poor profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The gross profit margin for HD SUPPLY HOLDINGS INC is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 29.59%. Regardless of HDS's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 1.96% trails the industry average.
- This stock has increased by 39.38% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Looking ahead, however, we cannot assume that the stock's past performance is going to drive future results. Quite to the contrary, its sharp appreciation over the last year is one of the factors that should prompt investors to seek better opportunities elsewhere.
- HD SUPPLY HOLDINGS INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.36 versus -$1.15).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Trading Companies & Distributors industry. The net income increased by 166.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$72.00 million to $48.00 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 965.00% to $173.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, HD SUPPLY HOLDINGS INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 16.16%.
- You can view the full HD Supply Holdings Ratings Report.