- SONC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $22.9 million.
- SONC has traded 8,778 shares today.
- SONC is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SONC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SONC NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SONC: Sonic Corp. operates and franchises a chain of quick-service drive-in restaurants in the United States. As of August 31, 2014, it operated approximately 3,518 Sonic Drive-Ins from coast to coast in 44 states, which included 391 Company Drive-Ins and 3,127 Franchise Drive-Ins. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.3%. SONC has a PE ratio of 32.0. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Sonic a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Sonic has been 758,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. Sonic has a market cap of $1.4 billion and is part of the services sector and leisure industry. The stock has a beta of 0.83 and a short float of 12.6% with 7.06 days to cover. Shares are up 35.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Sonic as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 9.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 3.1%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 61.90% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 32.73% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, SONC should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- SONIC CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, SONIC CORP increased its bottom line by earning $0.85 versus $0.64 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.00 versus $0.85).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Hotels, Restaurants & Leisure industry. The net income increased by 54.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $12.20 million to $18.83 million.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $32.49 million or 1.56% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -17.69%.
- You can view the full Sonic Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.