- PPC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $73.4 million.
- PPC has traded 51,540 shares today.
- PPC is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in PPC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for PPC NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on PPC: Pilgrim's Pride Corporation is engaged in the production, processing, marketing, and distribution of fresh, frozen, and value-added chicken products to retailers, distributors, and foodservice operators in the United States, Mexico, and Puerto Rico. PPC has a PE ratio of 12.2. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Pilgrims Pride a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Pilgrims Pride has been 2.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Pilgrims Pride has a market cap of $8.4 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and food & beverage industry. The stock has a beta of -0.26 and a short float of 46.9% with 13.81 days to cover. Shares are up 98.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday.
- PPC's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 1.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 5.8%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- PPC's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.25 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.45, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Food Products industry and the overall market, PILGRIM'S PRIDE CORP's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 59.67% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 95.12% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, PPC should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- You can view the full Pilgrims Pride Ratings Report.