- ORLY has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $96.6 million.
- ORLY has traded 8,086 shares today.
- ORLY is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ORLY with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ORLY NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ORLY: O'Reilly Automotive, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, is engaged in the retail of automotive aftermarket parts, tools, supplies, equipment, and accessories in the United States. ORLY has a PE ratio of 26.2. Currently there are 12 analysts that rate O'Reilly Automotive a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. The average volume for O'Reilly Automotive has been 709,300 shares per day over the past 30 days. O'Reilly Automotive has a market cap of $18.5 billion and is part of the services sector and retail industry. The stock has a beta of 0.61 and a short float of 5.5% with 10.81 days to cover. Shares are up 41% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates O'Reilly Automotive as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, revenue growth and notable return on equity. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 44.82% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Turning to the future, naturally, any stock can fall in a major bear market. However, in almost any other environment, the stock should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed nice gains in the past year.
- O'REILLY AUTOMOTIVE INC has improved earnings per share by 21.9% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, O'REILLY AUTOMOTIVE INC increased its bottom line by earning $6.03 versus $4.75 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($7.25 versus $6.03).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Specialty Retail industry average. The net income increased by 16.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $186.49 million to $217.00 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 9.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 8.6%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. When compared to other companies in the Specialty Retail industry and the overall market, O'REILLY AUTOMOTIVE INC's return on equity exceeds that of the industry average and significantly exceeds that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full O'Reilly Automotive Ratings Report.