- MA has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $363.0 million.
- MA has traded 94,497 shares today.
- MA is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MA with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MA NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on MA: MasterCard Incorporated provides transaction processing and other payment-related services in the United States and internationally. It facilitates the processing of payment transactions, including authorization, clearing, and settlement, as well as delivers related products and services. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.5%. MA has a PE ratio of 30.0. Currently there are 17 analysts that rate MasterCard a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for MasterCard has been 5.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. MasterCard has a market cap of $97.1 billion and is part of the financial sector and financial services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.24 and a short float of 1.6% with 3.74 days to cover. Shares are up 4.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday.
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 6.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 12.8%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- MA's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.23 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, MA has a quick ratio of 1.56, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- MASTERCARD INC has improved earnings per share by 19.7% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, MASTERCARD INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.57 versus $2.19 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.08 versus $2.57).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the IT Services industry average. The net income increased by 15.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $879.00 million to $1,015.00 million.
- The gross profit margin for MASTERCARD INC is rather high; currently it is at 60.05%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 40.55% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- You can view the full MasterCard Ratings Report.