- GSAT has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $13.5 million.
- GSAT has traded 102,299 shares today.
- GSAT is up 3.5% today.
- GSAT was down 6.2% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in GSAT with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for GSAT NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on GSAT: Globalstar, Inc. provides mobile voice and data communications services through satellite worldwide. The average volume for Globalstar has been 6.9 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Globalstar has a market cap of $2.4 billion and is part of the technology sector and telecommunications industry. The stock has a beta of 4.29 and a short float of 16.2% with 8.68 days to cover. Shares are up 61.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Globalstar as a sell. The area that we feel has been the company's primary weakness has been its feeble growth in its earnings per share.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- GLOBALSTAR INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, GLOBALSTAR INC reported poor results of -$0.96 versus -$0.29 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$0.62 versus -$0.96).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Diversified Telecommunication Services industry. The net income increased by 163.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$204.97 million to $129.39 million.
- 48.39% is the gross profit margin for GLOBALSTAR INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 551.98% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $4.52 million or 8.70% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -20.76%.
- This stock has increased by 65.71% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the future course of this stock, we feel that the risks involved in investing in GSAT do not compensate for any future upside potential, despite the fact that it has seen nice gains over the past 12 months.
- You can view the full Globalstar Ratings Report.