- EW has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $101.5 million.
- EW has traded 13,351 shares today.
- EW is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in EW with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for EW NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on EW: Edwards Lifesciences Corporation provides products and technologies to treat structural heart disease and critically ill patients worldwide. EW has a PE ratio of 18.0. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate Edwards Lifesciences a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. The average volume for Edwards Lifesciences has been 885,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. Edwards Lifesciences has a market cap of $13.9 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.46 and a short float of 1.9% with 1.93 days to cover. Shares are up 96.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Edwards Lifesciences as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, solid stock price performance and compelling growth in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 7.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 22.6%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- EW's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.30 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 4.30, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the Health Care Equipment & Supplies industry and the overall market, EDWARDS LIFESCIENCES CORP's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 27.94% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 99.62% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, EW should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the Health Care Equipment & Supplies industry average. The net income increased by 23.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $76.80 million to $94.60 million.
- You can view the full Edwards Lifesciences Ratings Report.