- ALXN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $172.3 million.
- ALXN has traded 22,050 shares today.
- ALXN is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ALXN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ALXN NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ALXN: Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, develops and commercializes life-transforming therapeutic products. ALXN has a PE ratio of 81.2. Currently there are 13 analysts that rate Alexion Pharmaceuticals a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Alexion Pharmaceuticals has been 1.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Alexion has a market cap of $38.6 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 1.40 and a short float of 1.8% with 3.30 days to cover. Shares are up 44.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Alexion Pharmaceuticals as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its compelling growth in net income, robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly outperformed against the S&P 500 and exceeded that of the Biotechnology industry average. The net income increased by 89.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $93.79 million to $177.73 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 40.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 38.6%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- ALXN's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.05 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 4.41, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The gross profit margin for ALEXION PHARMACEUTICALS INC is currently very high, coming in at 92.34%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 32.01% trails the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 95.12% to $281.52 million when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, ALEXION PHARMACEUTICALS INC's cash flow growth rate is still lower than the industry average growth rate of 117.89%.
- You can view the full Alexion Pharmaceuticals Ratings Report.