- AET has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $177.9 million.
- AET has traded 36,433 shares today.
- AET is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in AET with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for AET NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on AET: Aetna Inc. operates as a diversified health care benefits company in the United States. The company operates in three segments: Health Care, Group Insurance, and Large Case Pensions. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.1%. AET has a PE ratio of 14.6. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate Aetna a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for Aetna has been 2.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Aetna has a market cap of $30.7 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.79 and a short float of 1.4% with 2.35 days to cover. Shares are up 27.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 26.74% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, AET should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- AETNA INC has improved earnings per share by 21.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, AETNA INC increased its bottom line by earning $5.35 versus $4.78 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($6.69 versus $5.35).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Health Care Providers & Services industry average. The net income increased by 14.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $518.60 million to $594.50 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 19.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 13.0%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Health Care Providers & Services industry and the overall market, AETNA INC's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Aetna Ratings Report.