- MPLX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $21.2 million.
- MPLX traded 55,800 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:16 AM, representing 17.5% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MPLX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MPLX NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on MPLX: MPLX LP owns, operates, develops, and acquires crude oil, refined product, and other hydrocarbon-based product pipelines and other midstream assets in the United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.1%. MPLX has a PE ratio of 46.8. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate MPLX a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for MPLX has been 173,400 shares per day over the past 30 days. MPLX has a market cap of $2.5 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 1.05 and a short float of 5.7% with 2.56 days to cover. Shares are up 47.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates MPLX as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, compelling growth in net income, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 6.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 11.5%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 32.14% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 83.06% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Turning to the future, naturally, any stock can fall in a major bear market. However, in almost any other environment, the stock should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed nice gains in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income increased by 35.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $21.50 million to $29.10 million.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $61.90 million or 5.81% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, MPLX LP has also modestly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -1.64%.
- The gross profit margin for MPLX LP is rather high; currently it is at 52.17%. Regardless of MPLX's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, MPLX's net profit margin of 21.08% significantly outperformed against the industry.
- You can view the full MPLX Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.