- JNPR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $100.2 million.
- JNPR is up 4.5% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in JNPR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for JNPR NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on JNPR: Juniper Networks, Inc. designs, develops, and sells products and services for high-performance networks worldwide. The company operates in two segments, Platform Systems Division and Software Solutions Division. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.8%. JNPR has a PE ratio of 18.3. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Juniper Networks a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 15 rate it a hold. The average volume for Juniper Networks has been 6.7 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Juniper has a market cap of $9.6 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer hardware industry. The stock has a beta of 1.03 and a short float of 1.3% with 1.39 days to cover. Shares are down 3.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Juniper Networks as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, reasonable valuation levels, expanding profit margins and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- JUNIPER NETWORKS INC has improved earnings per share by 21.1% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, JUNIPER NETWORKS INC increased its bottom line by earning $0.86 versus $0.36 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.36 versus $0.86).
- Although JNPR's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.22 is very low, it is currently higher than that of the industry average. To add to this, JNPR has a quick ratio of 1.75, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- The gross profit margin for JUNIPER NETWORKS INC is rather high; currently it is at 68.22%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, JNPR's net profit margin of 9.20% significantly trails the industry average.
- The stock price has risen over the past year, but, despite its earnings growth and some other positive factors, it has underperformed the S&P 500 so far. Looking ahead, unless broad bear market conditions prevail, we still see more upside potential for this stock, despite the fact that it has already risen over the past year.
- You can view the full Juniper Networks Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.