- ST has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $50.3 million.
- ST is making at least a new 3-day high.
- ST has a PE ratio of 30.8.
- ST is mentioned 1.00 times per day on StockTwits.
- ST has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- ST is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- ST is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- ST is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- ST is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ST with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ST NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on ST: Sensata Technologies Holding N.V, through its subsidiaries, engages in the development, manufacture, and sale of sensors and controls primarily in the Americas, the Asia Pacific, and Europe. The company operates in two segments, Sensors and Controls. ST has a PE ratio of 30.8. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Sensata Technologies Holding N.V a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Sensata Technologies Holding N.V has been 1.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Sensata Technologies Holding N.V has a market cap of $8.4 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. The stock has a beta of 0.98 and a short float of 6.7% with 9.78 days to cover. Shares are up 27.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Sensata Technologies Holding N.V as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, notable return on equity, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company is trading at a premium valuation based on our review of its current price compared to such things as earnings and book value.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 7.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 15.7%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- SENSATA TECHNOLOGIES HLDG NV has improved earnings per share by 29.7% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, SENSATA TECHNOLOGIES HLDG NV increased its bottom line by earning $1.05 versus $0.97 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.33 versus $1.05).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the Electrical Equipment industry average. The net income increased by 24.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $66.02 million to $81.96 million.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the Electrical Equipment industry and the overall market, SENSATA TECHNOLOGIES HLDG NV's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 29.72% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 28.34% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- You can view the full Sensata Technologies Holding N.V Ratings Report.