- WLL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $139.0 million.
- WLL has traded 435,736 shares today.
- WLL is trading at 3.94 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- WLL is trading at a new low 3.02% below yesterday's close.
'Weak on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as material stock news, analyst downgrades, insider selling, selling from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and traders are piling out of a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize (or avoid losses by trimming weak positions). In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in WLL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for WLL NOW at Trade-Ideas
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 6.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 13.9%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for WHITING PETROLEUM CORP is currently very high, coming in at 76.23%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 19.43% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.65, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. Despite the fact that WLL's debt-to-equity ratio is low, the quick ratio, which is currently 0.58, displays a potential problem in covering short-term cash needs.
- WHITING PETROLEUM CORP's earnings per share declined by 22.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past year. However, we anticipate this trend reversing over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, WHITING PETROLEUM CORP reported lower earnings of $3.07 versus $3.49 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.51 versus $3.07).
- You can view the full Whiting Petroleum Ratings Report.