- POR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $22.3 million.
- POR has traded 5,845 shares today.
- POR is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in POR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for POR NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on POR: Portland General Electric Company, an integrated electric utility, is engaged in the generation, purchase, transmission, distribution, and retail sale of electricity in the state of Oregon. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3%. POR has a PE ratio of 16.5. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Portland General Electric a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Portland General Electric has been 605,300 shares per day over the past 30 days. Portland General Electric has a market cap of $2.9 billion and is part of the utilities sector and utilities industry. The stock has a beta of 0.79 and a short float of 15.8% with 20.52 days to cover. Shares are up 22.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Portland General Electric as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, compelling growth in net income, impressive record of earnings per share growth and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- POR's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 5.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 11.3%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The stock has not only risen over the past year, it has done so at a faster pace than the S&P 500, reflecting the earnings growth and other positive factors similar to those we have cited here. Looking ahead, unless broad bear market conditions prevail, we still see more upside potential for this stock, despite the fact that it has already risen over the past year.
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly outperformed against the S&P 500 and exceeded that of the Electric Utilities industry average. The net income increased by 25.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $31.00 million to $39.00 million.
- PORTLAND GENERAL ELECTRIC CO has improved earnings per share by 20.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, PORTLAND GENERAL ELECTRIC CO reported lower earnings of $1.35 versus $1.87 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.16 versus $1.35).
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Electric Utilities industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, PORTLAND GENERAL ELECTRIC CO has outperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Portland General Electric Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.