- ABT has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $201.2 million.
- ABT has a PE ratio of 35.1.
- ABT is currently in the upper 30% of its 1-year range.
- ABT is in the upper 25% of its 20-day range.
- ABT is in the upper 35% of its 5-day range.
- ABT is currently trading above yesterday's high.
- ABT has experienced a gap between today's open and yesterday's close of 0.8%.
'Momo Momentum' stocks are valuable stocks to watch for a variety of reasons including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in a mark-up phase before a possible distribution period and price decline. Technical analysts and traders frequently find that the factors referenced above tend to create a temporary burst of strong wind in a stock's sail. Nevertheless, all successful traders must excel at maximizing gains while keeping losses to an absolute minimum. For that reason, the holding period on momo momentum stocks must always be a primary consideration, and this part of the puzzle is ultimately at the discretion of each individual's risk tolerance and portfolio risk management skills.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ABT with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ABT NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on ABT: Abbott Laboratories manufactures and sells health care products worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2%. ABT has a PE ratio of 35.1. Currently there are 12 analysts that rate Abbott Laboratories a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for Abbott Laboratories has been 4.9 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Abbott has a market cap of $66.6 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 1.01 and a short float of 0.8% with 2.60 days to cover. Shares are up 16.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Abbott Laboratories as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 7.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 5.8%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 130.02% to $1,201.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, ABBOTT LABORATORIES has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 0.91%.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.36, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Although the company had a strong debt-to-equity ratio, its quick ratio of 0.78 is somewhat weak and could be cause for future problems.
- ABBOTT LABORATORIES's earnings per share declined by 29.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ABBOTT LABORATORIES increased its bottom line by earning $1.32 versus $0.36 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.26 versus $1.32).
- The gross profit margin for ABBOTT LABORATORIES is rather high; currently it is at 58.80%. Regardless of ABT's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 10.56% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full Abbott Laboratories Ratings Report.