- DDC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $7.5 million.
- DDC is making at least a new 3-day high.
- DDC has a PE ratio of 49.2.
- DDC is mentioned 0.77 times per day on StockTwits.
- DDC has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- DDC is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- DDC is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- DDC is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- DDC is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in DDC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for DDC NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on DDC: Dominion Diamond Corporation focuses on the mining and marketing of rough diamonds worldwide. The company operates through Diavik Diamond Mine, Ekati Diamond Mine, and Corporate segments. DDC has a PE ratio of 49.2. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Dominion Diamond a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Dominion Diamond has been 361,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. Dominion has a market cap of $1.4 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and metals & mining industry. Shares are up 13% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Dominion Diamond as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and increase in net income. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that we feel that the company's cash flow from its operations has been weak overall. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- DDC's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 3.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 5.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- DDC's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.00 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, DDC has a quick ratio of 1.61, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Metals & Mining industry and the overall market, DOMINION DIAMOND CORP's return on equity has significantly outperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500.
- DOMINION DIAMOND CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has not demonstrated a clear trend in earnings over the past 2 years, making it difficult to accurately predict earnings for the coming year. During the past fiscal year, DOMINION DIAMOND CORP swung to a loss, reporting -$0.27 versus $0.26 in the prior year.
- Net operating cash flow has declined marginally to $101.39 million or 3.56% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite a decrease in cash flow of 3.56%, DOMINION DIAMOND CORP is still significantly exceeding the industry average of -55.16%.
- You can view the full Dominion Diamond Ratings Report.