- MMP has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $68.7 million.
- MMP has traded 240,074 shares today.
- MMP is trading at 3.34 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- MMP crossed below its 200-day simple moving average.
'Roof Leaker' stocks are worth watching because trading stocks that begin to experience a breakdown can lead to potentially massive losses. Once psychological and technical resistance barriers like the 200-day moving average are breached on higher than normal relative volume, the stock may then be subject to emotional selling from investors that can continue to drive the stock lower. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with weakness and volume it can indicate the start of a new, potentially dangerous, trend. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MMP with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MMP NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on MMP: Magellan Midstream Partners, L.P. is engaged in the transportation, storage, and distribution of refined petroleum products and crude oil in the United States. It operates in three segments: Refined Products, Crude Oil, and Marine Storage. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.1%. MMP has a PE ratio of 25.5. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate Magellan Midstream Partners L.P a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for Magellan Midstream Partners L.P has been 839,400 shares per day over the past 30 days. Magellan Midstream Partners L.P has a market cap of $19.8 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 0.62 and a short float of 1.2% with 2.64 days to cover. Shares are up 37.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Magellan Midstream Partners L.P as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, notable return on equity, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 6.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 17.5%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 58.18% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 40.21% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Turning to the future, naturally, any stock can fall in a major bear market. However, in almost any other environment, the stock should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed nice gains in the past year.
- MAGELLAN MIDSTREAM PRTNRS LP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, MAGELLAN MIDSTREAM PRTNRS LP increased its bottom line by earning $2.56 versus $1.93 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.51 versus $2.56).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income increased by 58.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $125.62 million to $198.62 million.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market, MAGELLAN MIDSTREAM PRTNRS LP's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Magellan Midstream Partners L.P Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.