- RAI has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $110.0 million.
- RAI has traded 43,397 shares today.
- RAI is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in RAI with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for RAI NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on RAI: Reynolds American Inc., through its subsidiaries, manufactures and sells cigarette and other tobacco products in the United States. The company operates through RJR Tobacco, American Snuff, and Santa Fe segments. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 4.1%. RAI has a PE ratio of 22.0. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Reynolds American a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Reynolds American has been 2.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Reynolds American has a market cap of $34.6 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and tobacco industry. The stock has a beta of 0.54 and a short float of 4.3% with 7.56 days to cover. Shares are up 30.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
- RAI's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 0.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 4.9%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Tobacco industry and the overall market, REYNOLDS AMERICAN INC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- REYNOLDS AMERICAN INC's earnings per share improvement from the most recent quarter was slightly positive. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, REYNOLDS AMERICAN INC increased its bottom line by earning $3.14 versus $2.24 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.41 versus $3.14).
- The gross profit margin for REYNOLDS AMERICAN INC is rather high; currently it is at 54.91%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 20.84% trails the industry average.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 28.59% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. We feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The other strengths this company shows, however, justify the higher price levels.
- You can view the full Reynolds American Ratings Report.