- DGX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $81.7 million.
- DGX has traded 36,996 shares today.
- DGX is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in DGX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for DGX NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on DGX: Quest Diagnostics Incorporated provides diagnostic testing information services in the United States and internationally. The company operates in two businesses, Diagnostic Information Services and Diagnostic Solutions. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2%. DGX has a PE ratio of 18.4. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Quest Diagnostics a buy, 3 analysts rate it a sell, and 12 rate it a hold. The average volume for Quest Diagnostics has been 1.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Quest has a market cap of $9.3 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.36 and a short float of 11.1% with 14.77 days to cover. Shares are up 20.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Quest Diagnostics as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- DGX's revenue growth trails the industry average of 19.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.5%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $271.00 million or 45.44% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, QUEST DIAGNOSTICS INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -20.40%.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.92, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. Although the company had a strong debt-to-equity ratio, its quick ratio of 0.94 is somewhat weak and could be cause for future problems.
- 41.75% is the gross profit margin for QUEST DIAGNOSTICS INC which we consider to be strong. Regardless of DGX's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, DGX's net profit margin of 6.77% compares favorably to the industry average.
- In its most recent trading session, DGX has closed at a price level that was not very different from its closing price of one year earlier. This is probably due to its weak earnings growth as well as other mixed factors. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- You can view the full Quest Diagnostics Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.