- AU has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $38.1 million.
- AU has traded 70,139 shares today.
- AU is up 3.5% today.
- AU was down 12.1% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in AU with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for AU NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on AU: AngloGold Ashanti Limited operates as a gold mining and exploration company. It also produces silver, uranium oxide, and sulphuric acid as by-products. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.5%. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Anglogold Ashanti a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Anglogold Ashanti has been 3.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Anglogold Ashanti has a market cap of $3.9 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and metals & mining industry. Shares are down 16.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Anglogold Ashanti as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its generally high debt management risk and poor profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The debt-to-equity ratio of 1.24 is relatively high when compared with the industry average, suggesting a need for better debt level management.
- The gross profit margin for ANGLOGOLD ASHANTI LTD is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 32.93%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 3.08% significantly trails the industry average.
- This stock's share value has moved by only 25.77% over the past year. Naturally, the overall market trend is bound to be a significant factor. However, in one sense, the stock's sharp decline last year is a positive for future investors, making it cheaper (in proportion to its earnings over the past year) than most other stocks in its industry. But due to other concerns, we feel the stock is still not a good buy right now.
- AU, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 3.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 5.4%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has remained constant at $320.00 million with no significant change when compared to the same quarter last year. Even though ANGLOGOLD ASHANTI LTD's cash flow growth was minimal, the firm managed to surpass its industry's average growth rate of -55.16%.
- You can view the full Anglogold Ashanti Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.