- X has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $192.3 million.
- X traded 14,231 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 9:27 AM.
- X is down 3.1% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in X with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for X NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on X: United States Steel Corporation produces and sells flat-rolled and tubular steel products in North America and Europe. The company operates in three segments: Flat-Rolled Products (Flat-Rolled), U. S. Steel Europe (USSE), and Tubular Products (Tubular). The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.6%. X has a PE ratio of 51.2. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate United States Steel a buy, 3 analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for United States Steel has been 8.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. United States has a market cap of $5.1 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and metals & mining industry. The stock has a beta of 0.99 and a short float of 24.7% with 6.04 days to cover. Shares are up 19.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates United States Steel as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, compelling growth in net income, notable return on equity, solid stock price performance and impressive record of earnings per share growth. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- X's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 3.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 11.0%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Metals & Mining industry. The net income increased by 88.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$1,791.00 million to -$207.00 million.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. When compared to other companies in the Metals & Mining industry and the overall market, UNITED STATES STEEL CORP's return on equity has significantly outperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 88.52% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 33.15% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- UNITED STATES STEEL CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, UNITED STATES STEEL CORP reported poor results of -$11.68 versus -$0.97 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.50 versus -$11.68).
- You can view the full United States Steel Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.