- TRP has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $66.8 million.
- TRP is down 3.5% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TRP with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TRP NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on TRP: TransCanada Corporation operates as an energy infrastructure company in North America. The company operates in three segments: Natural Gas Pipelines, Oil Pipelines, and Energy. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.4%. TRP has a PE ratio of 23.3. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate TransCanada a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for TransCanada has been 1.9 million shares per day over the past 30 days. TransCanada has a market cap of $35.3 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 0.69 and a short float of 0.5% with 2.95 days to cover. Shares are up 9.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates TransCanada as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 6.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 11.2%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for TRANSCANADA CORP is rather high; currently it is at 52.06%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 19.62% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $1,242.00 million or 11.09% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -1.84%.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, regardless of the company's weak earnings results. Looking ahead, unless broad bear market conditions prevail, we still see more upside potential for this stock, despite the fact that it has already risen over the past year.
- TRANSCANADA CORP's earnings per share declined by 5.9% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has not demonstrated a clear trend in earnings over the past 2 years, making it difficult to accurately predict earnings for the coming year. During the past fiscal year, TRANSCANADA CORP increased its bottom line by earning $2.42 versus $1.84 in the prior year.
- You can view the full TransCanada Ratings Report.