- EGO has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $45.7 million.
- EGO has traded 728,867 shares today.
- EGO is trading at 2.43 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- EGO is trading at a new low 6.10% below yesterday's close.
'Weak on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as material stock news, analyst downgrades, insider selling, selling from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and traders are piling out of a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize (or avoid losses by trimming weak positions). In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in EGO with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for EGO NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on EGO: Eldorado Gold Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, is engaged in the exploration, discovery, development, production, and reclamation of gold properties in Brazil, China, Greece, Turkey, and Romania. The company also explores for iron, silver, lead, zinc, and copper ores. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.3%. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Eldorado Gold a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Eldorado Gold has been 5.9 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Eldorado has a market cap of $4.6 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and metals & mining industry. Shares are up 22.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Eldorado Gold as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its feeble growth in its earnings per share, deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- ELDORADO GOLD CORP's earnings per share declined by 40.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past two years. During the past fiscal year, ELDORADO GOLD CORP swung to a loss, reporting -$0.91 versus $0.45 in the prior year.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Metals & Mining industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 45.6% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $36.41 million to $19.79 million.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Metals & Mining industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, ELDORADO GOLD CORP underperformed against that of the industry average and is significantly less than that of the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $92.19 million or 23.34% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite a decrease in cash flow ELDORADO GOLD CORP is still fairing well by exceeding its industry average cash flow growth rate of -54.81%.
- In its most recent trading session, EGO has closed at a price level that was not very different from its closing price of one year earlier. This is probably due to its weak earnings growth as well as other mixed factors. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, we do not believe this stock offers ample reward opportunity to compensate for the risks, despite the fact that it rose over the past year.
- You can view the full Eldorado Gold Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.