- OZRK has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $10.9 million.
- OZRK has traded 4,860 shares today.
- OZRK is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in OZRK with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for OZRK NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on OZRK: Bank of the Ozarks, Inc. operates as the bank holding company for Bank of the Ozarks that provides a range of retail and commercial banking services. The company accepts various deposits products, such as checking, savings, money market, time deposit, and individual retirement accounts. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.4%. OZRK has a PE ratio of 26.6. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Bank of the Ozarks a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Bank of the Ozarks has been 442,500 shares per day over the past 30 days. Bank of the Ozarks has a market cap of $2.9 billion and is part of the financial sector and banking industry. The stock has a beta of 0.94 and a short float of 10% with 23.54 days to cover. Shares are up 28.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Bank of the Ozarks as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations, growth in earnings per share and compelling growth in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company is trading at a premium valuation based on our review of its current price compared to such things as earnings and book value. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 4.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 37.4%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- BANK OF THE OZARKS INC has improved earnings per share by 11.1% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, BANK OF THE OZARKS INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.26 versus $1.11 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.51 versus $1.26).
- The gross profit margin for BANK OF THE OZARKS INC is currently very high, coming in at 90.79%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 32.30% is above that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 202.48% to $28.14 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, BANK OF THE OZARKS INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -65.71%.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 39.85% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. We feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The other strengths this company shows, however, justify the higher price levels.
- You can view the full Bank of the Ozarks Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.