- MAR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $172.7 million.
- MAR has traded 40,976 shares today.
- MAR is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MAR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MAR NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on MAR: Marriott International, Inc. operates, franchises, and licenses hotels and timeshare properties worldwide. The company operates through four segments: North American Full-Service, North American Limited-Service, International, and Luxury. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1%. MAR has a PE ratio of 32.8. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Marriott International a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. The average volume for Marriott International has been 2.8 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Marriott International has a market cap of $21.8 billion and is part of the services sector and leisure industry. The stock has a beta of 1.14 and a short float of 7.5% with 6.39 days to cover. Shares are up 56.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Marriott International as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations, solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 9.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 9.5%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 64.05% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, MAR should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- MARRIOTT INTL INC has improved earnings per share by 25.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, MARRIOTT INTL INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.01 versus $1.72 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.56 versus $2.01).
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $281.00 million or 44.10% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, MARRIOTT INTL INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -17.73%.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500, but is less than that of the Hotels, Restaurants & Leisure industry average. The net income increased by 20.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $160.00 million to $192.00 million.
- You can view the full Marriott International Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.