- GPI has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $14.5 million.
- GPI has traded 5,738 shares today.
- GPI is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in GPI with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for GPI NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on GPI: Group 1 Automotive, Inc., through its subsidiaries, operates in the automotive retail industry. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.9%. GPI has a PE ratio of 24.5. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Group 1 Automotive a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Group 1 Automotive has been 311,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. Group 1 Automotive has a market cap of $2.2 billion and is part of the services sector and specialty retail industry. The stock has a beta of 1.09 and a short float of 8.4% with 13.44 days to cover. Shares are up 25.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Group 1 Automotive as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- GPI's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 9.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 12.2%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, GPI's share price has jumped by 33.49%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, GPI should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 238.23% to $140.90 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, GROUP 1 AUTOMOTIVE INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -9.47%.
- GROUP 1 AUTOMOTIVE INC's earnings per share declined by 13.4% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, GROUP 1 AUTOMOTIVE INC increased its bottom line by earning $4.31 versus $4.19 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.58 versus $4.31).
- The gross profit margin for GROUP 1 AUTOMOTIVE INC is currently extremely low, coming in at 14.27%. Regardless of GPI's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 0.99% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full Group 1 Automotive Ratings Report.