- EXP has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $62.7 million.
- EXP has traded 99,159 shares today.
- EXP traded in a range 222.2% of the normal price range with a price range of $4.96.
- EXP traded below its daily resistance level (quality: 21 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 21 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Water-Logged and Getting Wetter' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying negative price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, "support" while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves lower. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in EXP with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for EXP NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on EXP: Eagle Materials Inc. manufactures and distributes building products used in residential, industrial, commercial, and infrastructure construction in the United States. The company operates in four segments: Cement, Gypsum Wallboard, Recycled Paperboard, and Concrete and Aggregates. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.4%. EXP has a PE ratio of 32.6. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Eagle Materials a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Eagle Materials has been 919,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. Eagle has a market cap of $4.6 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and materials & construction industry. The stock has a beta of 1.42 and a short float of 4.4% with 3.36 days to cover. Shares are up 18.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Eagle Materials as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and notable return on equity. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- EXP's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 10.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 12.7%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The stock has risen over the past year as investors have generally rewarded the company for its earnings growth and other positive factors like the ones we have cited in this report. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- EAGLE MATERIALS INC has improved earnings per share by 25.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, EAGLE MATERIALS INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.48 versus $1.24 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.52 versus $2.48).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has greatly exceeded that of the S&P 500, but is less than that of the Construction Materials industry average. The net income increased by 26.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $39.90 million to $50.32 million.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. In comparison to the other companies in the Construction Materials industry and the overall market, EAGLE MATERIALS INC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of the industry average and is above that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Eagle Materials Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.