- CVTI has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $11.4 million.
- CVTI has traded 5,456 shares today.
- CVTI is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CVTI with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CVTI NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CVTI: Covenant Transportation Group, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, offers truckload transportation and brokerage services in the continental United States. Its Asset-Based Truckload Services segment provides long haul, dedicated, temperature-controlled, and regional solo-driver services. CVTI has a PE ratio of 50.2. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Covenant Transportation Group a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Covenant Transportation Group has been 217,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. Covenant Transportation Group has a market cap of $316.8 million and is part of the services sector and transportation industry. The stock has a beta of 0.30 and a short float of 2.7% with 0.47 days to cover. Shares are up 213.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 10.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 3.9%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, CVTI's share price has jumped by 243.93%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. We feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The other strengths this company shows, however, justify the higher price levels.
- COVENANT TRANSPORTATION GRP's earnings per share declined by 7.7% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past year. However, we anticipate this trend reversing over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, COVENANT TRANSPORTATION GRP reported lower earnings of $0.35 versus $0.42 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.98 versus $0.35).
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. In comparison to the other companies in the Road & Rail industry and the overall market, COVENANT TRANSPORTATION GRP's return on equity is significantly below that of the industry average and is below that of the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for COVENANT TRANSPORTATION GRP is currently extremely low, coming in at 13.05%. Regardless of CVTI's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, CVTI's net profit margin of 1.04% is significantly lower than the industry average.
- You can view the full Covenant Transportation Group Ratings Report.